It is perfectly normal to love the music of Rod Stewart, and not unnatural to feel that appreciating Never A Dull Moment says something essential about who you are; it is, however, pretty goddamn weird to try physically to resemble Rod Stewart while watching him perform in concert.
My own awkward attempts to look like a pop star may or may not include the following:
– Cardigans – perfect for showing off the latest band t-shirt at the gig, these
– A chain and padlock – single outing, EXTREMELY uncomfortable. Sid Vicious must have suffered terribly from rashes
– Leather jacket, natch. Urban rumours said you’d be beaten up for them randomly in the street, though
– Floppy fringes were huge, and got slightly out of control. High school rules stipulated hair must be above the collar – there’s no collar at the FRONT, though is there?
– Paisley shirt – I resisted the other signature ‘Gurus look of waistcoat over bare chest, luckily
– A fawn corduroy Levi’s jacket
Quite a few of these items had to be rescued from Mum’s attempts to ‘disappear’ them in the wash. I’d be greatly interested in comparing notes with Keith Richards on this.