I will propose a new personality test where you reblog your favorite movie from each of these directors:
- Joel Coen: No Country for Old Men, The Big Lebowski, Fargo, The Hudsucker Proxy, Miller’s Crossing, Raising Arizona, etc
- Wes Anderson: The Darjeeling Limited, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, The Royal Tennenbaums, Rushmore, Bottle Rocket, etc
- Hal Ashby: Being There, Shampoo, Harold and Maude, etc
- Kevin Smith: Zack and Miri Make a Porno, Dogma, Chasing Amy, Mallrats, Clerks, etc
- Quentin Tarantino: Grindhouse, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, etc
- Stanley Kubrick: 2001, The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, Dr. Strangelove, Lolita, etc.
- P.T. Anderson: Boogie Nights, Hard Eight, There Will Be Blood, Punch-Drunk Love, Magnolia.
- Errol Morris: The Thin Blue Line, The Fog of War, Mr. Death, Fast, Cheap and Out of Control, Gates of Heaven, etc.
For me, it’s Raising Arizona, Royal Tennenbaums, ?, Clerks, Pulp Fiction, The Shining, Boogie Nights and ?.
Is there a pattern? Not really – Raising Arizona and Boogie Nights are in my top five movies eva, and I LOVED Clerks first time around and it’s v. hard to choose a favorite Kubrick. Ashby and Morris are obviously gaping holes in my filmic landscape, etc. Better watch that Harold and Maude torrent ASAP.